FC St. Pauli – Manager Only
I got to thinking about how much of my FIFA success was my managerial skills and how much was me playing. A lot is obviously me playing. Thus, I decided to see what I could do as just a manager.
Season 1, Window 1:
- Carlos Saucedo (as he starts at 67, this was a mistake)
- Marvin Bejarano (possibly could have gotten someone better, but did immediately go in starting lineup
- Pedro Azogue (at 18, the fact that he’s not going to get much playing time is not a big deal)
- Kurt to Stevenage
- Robin Himmelmann to SV Sandhausen
- Andrej Startsev to Swindon Town
- Bjarne Thoelke (actually, this is a loan to buy, so technically, I haven’t bought him yet)
- I sent a scout to Austria.
- I signed two guys from Austria to my youth team.
- Markus Thorandt (he was getting up there. I figure I should still build for the future a bit, even if my job is in jeopardy)
Season 1, Window 2:
Things did not go well before the window. The board told me I needed a defender, but then wouldn’t give me money for a defender. Thanks!
I ended up selling my keeper. It was a good price, though it might get me fired. I was able to bring in Bill Hamid on transfer deadline day, which may save me. I also got rid of Saucedo, sending him to D.C. United, so that was a good bit of business instead of allowing him to go on a free.
- Helander (from MFF!)
Let Contracts Expire:
- Boll (in fact, he already signed with another club)
- There was another that I can’t remember his name and I am on to season 2 now.
I was well outside of the league objective, but they did not fire me. They only gave me 1.6 mil to work with for the next season and 8k for the wages. My hope is that Hamid (67) & Helander (72) will continue to grow. I somehow missed the opportunity to sign Thoelke at the end of the season. I also lost a youth player with no indication he was going.